I normally donot post political/controversial stuff on this blog. I want this blog to render to devotional and spiritual purposes only. However, I am posting a video of Rajiv Malhotra in conversation with Madhu Purnima Kishwar for a reason.
There are people who want to fossilize and control Sanskrit Language. These are Western Indologists who want to control the narrative when it comes to India and the Hindus.
Here Rajiv Malhotra and Madhu Kishwar discuss a few points that regarding these Indologists.
- These Indologists praise India in the open, they criticise you behind the doors and have a grand plan to seize the narrative.
- Their intents are quite visible from the way they are interpreting Ramayana and other Indian classics. The way they are trying to paint these books as books that donot support choice over fatalism. The way they ignore the fact that Ramayana is full of choices and the way they interpret it as oppressive exposes them on multiple accounts. They try to portray everything that is Hindu as Anti-Liberal.
- The current Right wing of India is simply ignorant of all this. They are not even reading the stuff that is out there on them and are turning a blind eye to it.
- The network of these Indologists is so huge that anyone from the tradition does not even get a chance to speak up and explain his/her view point.
- The Indologists want the Americans to be the producers of the knowledge and want the Indians to be consumers of it.
- The grand plans to fossilize Sanskrit and the talk about Liberating Philology must be a cause of concern for all Hindus. Incidentally Liberating Philology is a grand plan of Sheldon Pollock. One gets to suspect that Evangelicals too are in the funding game for this.
- They want a monopoly on the Interpretation of Ancient Sanskrit texts. They donot want any one to revive Sanskrit and learn it in India. This can be seen from the way they attack the Save Sanskrit movements in India.
- In short these Western Indologists want to write the new Smritis.
To me the last point is really scary, lets do our little to save our Dharma. Let’s read about the ulterior motives of these Indologists, lets know more about our Dharma from our native sources and give a strong rebuttal to these people.
We ought to stop them and give our kids the Dharma that our parents gave us.
I really donot know how Hinduism is portrayed in the Text books in the United States of America. In India, in the text books I read, Hinduism was vilified. While the good things about Hinduism did not get a mention, the bad practices in the religion were blown out of proportion. I some how felt that Buddhism and Jainism were placed on a higher pedestal than Hinduism when I completed reading The History of Ancient India in my school. As I had spiritual training at home I was able to overcome that surge in those days.
Recently, I saw these videos where these young women are speaking about the inaccuracies in their text books. I loved the speech of each of these girls. Do listen to them. They made their points and tried to set the record straight.
Here is a another student who is speaking about Bindi .
Here is a young lady who tries to set the record straight about Brahminism
Here is a girl who speaks about divine feminine.
Well it was not women alone . There were men too who spoke about the importance of Hinduism and positive portrayal of the same. Thank you for doing a great job young man.
There are many videos on this subject . I picked a few that I really liked. Thanking all the young women and men who are standing up for a positive portrayal of Hinduism.
Hindu’s receive a lot flak for vigrahaaradhana, (I some how hate the term Idol Worship). People donot understand the fact that we see the divinity inside the moorthi and worship the divinity. Some how any adherents of Abrahamic faiths don’t get this and derive a lot of pleasure in mocking us.
Here is an awesome speech by Swami Chinmayananda on this subject.
I liked Swamiji’s logic. The way he bought out the facts was awesome.
One of the best I heard on Ganapati. Please listen to this . This one is mesmerizing.
Here is a fantastic talk given by Shri Jaggi Vasudev on happiness. A student asked him about joy and happiness and his answer was awesome. Do listen to this one.
Many people unfortunately say that SrimadBhagavadGita actually fosters war. They with their hidden agenda say that Lord Shri Krishna wanted the war to happen and made Arjuna fight it. This is not correct, he wanted both Pandavas and Kauravas to be together. Here is a padyam from the Virata Parvam of the MahaBharatha where SriKrishna speaks to the ambassadors of peace. <It is in Telugu. The English Translation is given below. >
Lord Krishna Says that the Kauravas are like a forest and Pandavas are like the Lions that reside in the forest. A forest protects the lions and the Lions protect the forest so if Kauravas and Pandavas are together they would be protecting each other. If there is a forest that does not have any lions people will come and do what ever they want, they might smuggle wood, kill the animals and destroy the forest. (Self professed rationalist would say that all this is happening now, However I would remove gun and gun powder and look at the statement. Then you would realize what the Lord is saying is correct.) Then if a lion loses it way and and comes out of a forest it is bound do harm itself. Imagine that Majestic Lion, the king of the beasts happens to come into a residential area, it can kill person or two but it either killed or captured very soon. Hence Lord SriKrishna wanted Pandavas and Kauravas to be together, protect each other and be happy. It is a different thing that Kauravas did not want truce with Pandavas and they ended up creating more destruction for themselves. Saying that Lord Sri Krishna wanted the war to happen would be a wrong thing. As any person who read Bhagavadgita would accept, SrimadBhagavadGita is a call for action an it is not a war cry.
Fantastic song by Tanikella Bharani garu on Lord Shiva .